During kidney and bladder ultra sound had to hold breath. Had drugged feeling in head. Related?

May 2014

I took a kidney and bladder ultra sound and had to hold my breath, nine times, for longer than it was comfortably. The next day I had this drugged feeling in my head for the entire day. Could holding my breath that many times and far longer then I was comfortable with cause this?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Holding breath is not related to drugged feeling.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I am a practising Radiologist and have done thousands of ultrasound scans in the last ten years.

We ask patients to hold breath so that the kidneys and spleen are seen properly. This is standard procedure followed by many radiologists. There is no way that this will cause any drugged feeling in the head.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr. Vivek