Ask a Urologist   »  

During intercourse skin of penis behind head is broken and looks like floor burn and breakage from erection

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
When I have intercourse this skin of my penis immediately behind the head nearly always ends up broken and looks much like a floor burn might. However it does not seem to be a problem with adequate lubrication. In fact, there is some breakage just from having an erection. What could be causing this? And more importantly, what can be done about it?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of getting injury to your foreskin during intercourse more specifically when it is dry.

Please get your blood sugar levels on empty stomach ans 2 hours after lunch done to rule out diabetes as this is very common presenting symptom of type 2 diabetes .

Please apply topical antibiotic like Neosporin twice daily. Ensure to use lubricant during intercourse to avoid friction injury.

Please consult qualified general surgeon or Urologist for clinical examination. You may need to get circumcised under local anaesthesia

Follow-up: During intercourse skin of penis behind head is broken and looks like floor burn and breakage from erection 4 days later
I think I failed to make myself clear in the initial question. The skin on my penis will break at times just from an erection. It looks similar to a floor burn. Lubrication makes little to no difference in the amount of irritation. I do not have type 2 Diabetes as I have had the blood work done while this problem has persisted. Do you have any additional ideas? I assume the suggestion of Neorsporin is to reduce the possibility of infections.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.

It appears that you have what is called as Phimosis .However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist. Please go ahead and consult him for detail clinical evaluation and further treatment .

To my knowledge you may need to get circumcised and that will solve your problem permanently so that you can have enjoyable sexual life.

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.