During intercourse had prepuce penile retraction injury. Contact of Rh positive blood with Rh negative sexually. Pregnant. Take precautions?

Question
respected madam .during intercourse i get prepuce penile retraction injury before 28 days back and my Rh positive blood get contact with vagina or cervix of my wife who is Rh negative. is there chance of Rh sensitization of her.she have no previous history of bleeding or abortion. now my wife is pregant PRIMI GRAVIDA.what precaution should we take now.is any role of anti rh D immunoglobulin now. my blood group is B POSITIVE . WIFE BLOOD GROUP IS B NEGATIVE.KINDLY GIVE ME ADVICE
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 hours later
There is no cause for concern as far as the contact between your blood and your wife's mucosa goes.But now that she is pregnant,there is a chance of iso immunisation since she is Rh negative and your are positive.She will indeed need to take the Anti D immunoglobulin but in most cases,its given within 72 hrs of delivery.She will need regular antenatal care and also some routine blood tests done.