Dull pain in testicles, lower abdomen, tightness in scrotum, no discharge, no difficulty urinating. Causes for pain?

Question
I have been experiencing some dull pain in what seems like my testicles as fell as some dull pain in my lower abdomen. My scrotum also seems to be tighter than usual. It has been going on for about 3 weeks. The sensation gets worse as the day goes on. It feels similar to the after affects of getting hit in the testicles but very minor. No discharge, urinating is not a problem.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 46 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Dull pain in the testis and lower abdomen for 3 weeks would definitely need a review with a surgeon to rule out the most common causes like hernia, testicular infections, etc. For this certain clinical tests are done like cough tests.
Hernia is a condition where the peritoneal inner sacs that connect various viscera of the abdomen and also the testis gives way and becomes taut. If extensive may require surgery. Usually a very safe and result oriented treatment.

As you do not have any associated symptoms, which is good and would mean a benign condition. And you have nothing to worry about. Just get an appointment and till then do not carry any heavy weights or avoid tight underpants. Wear loose lower clothing.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.