Dull pain in right rib cage and unable to tolerate fried foods. Reason?
User rating for this question
I have dull pain in right rib cage for a week. I have hard time eating. I can not tolerate fried foods. what can cause this issue?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Rib inflammation or acid peptic disease Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your query. You seem to have dull pain in the right rib cage for a week. The most probable cause for this is an inflamed rib. Often is pain is moderate to severe in intensity, and not dull as you are experiencing. Going by the other factors like hard time eating, unable to tolerate fried foods, means to say there is a problem with digestion. This could be mostly due to acid peptic disease or increased stomach acid secretions. For this, I would prescribe my patients with a week's course of antacids like Omeprazole on empty stomach. I would suggest you to try this as well. It is available over the counter at your place. I also advise you to refrain from eating fried foods, oily and high fatty foods. Drink more of water and fluids orally. Stick to bland diet, and consume more of vegetable salads and fruits. You should be fine in a week. If the symptoms are worsening in a week's time, it would be better to think of other possibilities like Muscle sprain. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- How is snepdol for chronic pancreatitis
- Purple bumps on legs with swollen ankels
- Defibulator implant swollen ankels
- Intestinal mucus discharge with nausea
- Swollen ankels spotty legs
- Swollen ankels with red spots pregnant woman
- Can meth cause aniridia
- Pain under right rib cage
- Dull pain right side rib cage
- Can unwanted 72 be the reason for abdominal pain
- Why have i missed my periods with abdominal pain
- Dull nerve pain under right rib cage
- Is ginger can harm males sex
- Severe pain right rib cage
- Dull pain in left rib cage