Dull pain and swelling under left arm, knotty breasts. Family history of breast cancer. Should I worry ?

i am 37 mother of two, my mum and sister both died of breast cancern. for monthe i have dull pain and swelling under lerft arm, also breasts are knotty
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Since your mother and sister died of breast cancer and you feel knots in your breast ,then you must consult a gynecologist and get yourself properly evaluated by getting a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast.
If these tests are doubtful then MRI or biopsy of the breast can be done to make he diagnosis.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.