Dull ear drum in left ear. Blocked and can hear voice sound echo. Scheduled for audiogram. What can be expected?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a dull ear drum in my left ear, It has been blocked for a couple of months. When I speak my voice sounds echo like, my doctor has given me nose drops but that doesn't seem to help. I have had problems with my balance my whole life, could this be a result of an over exercised balance system finally giving up? He seems to think it is my nerve...he has scheduled an's like I have cotton wool in my ears.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be suffering from Meniere`s Disease

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,
I have gone through you query, medical history and current medications.
These all suggests that you may be suffering from the Meniere`s disease most probably.
It is a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree and characterized by the aural fullness, vertigo, hearing loss and tinnitus.
But to exclude the other disease and to reach the near diagnosis you may go for -
1. Pure tone audiometry
2. Impedance audiometry
3. Electrocochleography
4. Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials and
5. Vestibular tests.

Before going to the further treatment, please go through these investigations and consult the neuro-otologist for better management of your disease.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.