Dull and sharp flank pain, dizziness, radiating pain in groin. Kidney stones?

I have lower right flank pain that comes in waves. It is sharp at times and dull at others. The pain is in the lower right and sometimes radiates to the front and sometimes the right side of groin. I sometimes feel dizzy. It comes every morning between 4-5 a.m. and is intense. The rest of the day the pain comes in waves. I have had the pain for 2 weeks but it has gotten more intense in the past 4 days. I am thinking perhaps another stone. Had one in 1993. It's Christmas should I just wait until after the Holiday to check this out or go to hospital?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later

Your description is the classic one seen in patients with a ureteric stone. You need to be started on analgesics under the care of urologist and get yourself investigated with Non-contrast CT (NCCT) Scan of the Kidney-Ureter-Bladder region (KUB region) for stone disease.
If you are not having fever, then you can start yourself on over the counter analgesics for your pain and see the urologist after Christmas break. You could try tablet aspirin 325 mg every 6 hours with meals.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.