Dull ache in testicle, penis. STD ruled out. Prescribed treatment for chlamydia. What is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Dull ache in left testical, sensation in penis and base of shaft. STD test at docs was clear but was prescribed treatment for chlamydia . Still same , actually mayb worse.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
I wouldnt treat STD if didnt prove it. This can be sign of inginal hernia, vascular insufficency or testical lesions(infections, tumours etc.). All these things can be investigated by ultasound of inguinal region and testicle so I suggest to consult urologist for it. ALso you should do urine analysis with urinoculture. It can be uroinfection. I am sure everything will be clear after these tests.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Follow-up: Dull ache in testicle, penis. STD ruled out. Prescribed treatment for chlamydia. What is it? 25 minutes later
Symptoms occurred after non protected sex.
Shud hav specified that.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 12 minutes later
Ok.
I dont know which medicines did you take. It can be viral or yeast infection and antibiotics arent helpful in this case.You should do swab urethral test to verify exact cause. Also sometimes is 14 days of antibiotics needed for positive results.
But everything else I ve said is possible too.

Follow-up: Dull ache in testicle, penis. STD ruled out. Prescribed treatment for chlamydia. What is it? 19 minutes later
Azithromycin, 4 in 1 go. Thanks for help by the way

It wouldnt affect trichomonas, viruses and fungal infections. It can be herpes or HPV virus which is very common and there might not be seen any skin lesions.
Thats the reason why the exact microbe should be verified. Ask your GP about viral tests or take aciklovir medicines and see is there improvement.

Follow-up: Dull ache in testicle, penis. STD ruled out. Prescribed treatment for chlamydia. What is it? 1 minute later
Dead on. Thank you very much.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 minute later
You are welcome. Wish you good health.