Due for next depo shot, had sex. Spotting, cramping, frequent urination, white discharge, lower back pain. Pregnant?

May 2013
could i be pregnant!?I started the depo in XXXXXXX I'm due for another in September but I had sex on the august 8th and now I'm spotting ...cramping.peeing alot and have white
discharge and my lower back hurts ...
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later

as you took the depo in the XXXXXXX that will give protection till completion of august(around 11 to 13 weeks),
and also it is having almost 97 to 99% of efficacy,
so the chance of pregnancy is less.
depo can cause side effects like spotting, pain abdomen, bloating sensation of the abdomen etc,
so your symptoms could be side effects of the depo,
anyhow though low depo is having some amount of failure rate, so if you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy wait for one more week and go for blood test for pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.