Due for colonoscopy. Could I take ambien?

My wife is getting a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Can she take her Ambien cr tonight?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Sure she can take her drug this night. It will not in any way compromise the quality or outcome of her exam. However, she should take it at least 1-2hours before drinking the fluids so that there would be room for absorption in the digestive tract before being flushed out..

I wish her a safe procedure and clean findings. I wish you both well.
Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD