Due for a depo shot and noticed brown discharge and cramping. Could I be pregnant?

I have been on depo for 6 years ,never been pregnant, have had unprotected sex, never had a period, never have missed a shot. I am currently due for the shot and have until XXXXXXX 1st to get it. I recently had brown/ light pink discharge and cramping. Could I be pregnant? How soon should I take a pregnancy test?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: In view of details possibility of pregnancy seems less likely. To be sure you can get a urine pregnancy test after 2 weeks. For more immediate results lab test may be considered. If pregnancy is ruled out get a ultrasound done to know cause of recent symptoms. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Follow-up: Due for a depo shot and noticed brown discharge and cramping. Could I be pregnant? 4 minutes later
could this be a symptom of an infection or something more serious
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for follow up Detailed Answer: Yes, infection can present like this. But even sometimes more serious things present like this. So if there is no pregnancy then ideal would be to get this investigated.