Dryness in mouth, extreme thirst, shivering, nausea, loss of appetite. What do the symptoms indicate?

For the past week I have a constantly dry mouth, am extremely thirsty day and night, which is not relieved by intake of fluids. At times I am very cold and shivering and at other times sweating profusely. At other times also I do not feel cold to the touch I shiever uncontrollably for a number of hours and there is nothing I can do to alleviate this until it passes. This morning I was also nauseous and did get sick. I have had little appetite during the past week also. I am under a lot of stress at work but my job is stressful anyway.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 51 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There are multiple causes for cold followed by shivering. It is one of the signs of infection in body. Considering your operative history there looks some infective focus. It may also seen in conditions like malaria, typhoid etc.
You need to consult your physician for clinical examination. Investigations like complete blood count, PS for parasites may be necessary depending on clinical scenario. It is sure that it can not be managed on day care basis. You need good medical care for at least 3 days.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.