Dry throat, fatigue, breathlessness. Causes?

ENT Specialist
I have constantly felt tired for the last 5 months or so even if I get a good nights sleep . I used to train 4 to 5 times a week and was in good health, and am unable to do so now as it leaves me shattered. If I climb up stairs I am slightly breathless and find it difficult to talk for a short while and my throat currently feels a dry all of the time - any ideas as it is hugely frustrating
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Feeling constantly tired even after a good night's sleep may be due to Sleep Apnea Syndrome (commonly known as snoring). This requires investigations such as a sleep study and an endoscopy.

2. Nasal obstruction may lead to a dry mouth and breathlessness. All patients of breathlessness on exertion need to exclude cardiac and respiratory problems.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.