Ask a Urologist   »  

Dry spots near tip of penis, looks like bumps when erect. Is it STD ?

I recently noticed the i had a couple dry spots near the tip on my penis and after awhile a couple bumps came out, when it erected you could see it really good , now it looks like the bumps are drying up but idk .is this an std
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later

Since you are posting a question for STD, I believe you are sexually active male.

Penis can have varied skin texture and color. It is difficult to predict the nature of the bumps unless you have other symptoms like discharge from the penis which is foul smelling, fever and body aches. Do you have these?

Let us speak about the risk factors for STD than the symptoms that you have because the symptoms are less suggestive of STD. I guess you need education at this age. The following are to be checked:

1) If you had unprotected sexual intercourse
2) If you have multiple partners
3) If you use illicit drugs and consume alcohol

If you there is an 'yes' to any of the above questions then you should better get it checked by the local doctor, else no reason to worry. I guess I have sufficiently helped you to understand the nature of STD and risk factors associated. Please be careful about them.

If you do not have any further queries please close the discussion.

Follow-up: Dry spots near tip of penis, looks like bumps when erect. Is it STD ? 4 hours later
i see, i have no discharge , no body aches and no foul odor, it gets itchy at times but not that bad, also i haven't had sex in about 6-8 months but i do smoke marjanuna and drink here and there but I've been doing it for a while, do you think you could tell me what kind of medicine i could use to get rid of it , and i posted up pictures can you take a look and see .
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 minutes later

I had gone through the pictures.

My earlier guess was infact right. They pictures reveal a simple benign patches called Pearly papules of penis (PPP) which are greyish white and have no affect on the overall health of a male. They are unrelated to sexual activity or the behavior.

You should stop worrying about anything now. You can just apply a natural remedy application like Aloevera gel over them. They disappear over week's time. You can find them in a reputed pharmacy without prescription.

I still advice you to take the help of a Psychologist in an attempt to stop Marijuana and alcohol.