Dry skin, rash, burning sensation in scrotum. Used delapatory for hair removal. Pain relief techniques?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi yesterday I used a delapatory to remove hair on my scrotum. I did the sensitivity test with no problem maybe I did something wrong but I did burn. It was worse yesterday and is not bad today but the sjkin is dry and red but the redness is fading. This is a bit embarrassing I have used delaptories in the past with no problems.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
I can understand your distress.
Now, I would advise a step wise recommendation for you:
1. Wash the area thoroughly with soap and water.
2. If there is burning sensation, apply cold compresses.
3. For redness and dryness you can apply 1% cortisone ointment locally twice daily. If it is getting itchy, try calamine lotion.
4. Take an acetaminophen or an ibuprofen, or any NSAID. to minimize pain, inflammation and swelling.

I would advice you to do this step wise over 2-3 days. If nothing of above works then you should get some prescription medicines from your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.