Ask a Urologist   »  

Dry skin on the penis, using eczema cream. Cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have dry skin disease on the head of my pennis I'm using babe eczema cream everyday but it does'nt seem to healing ?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 11 minutes later

Are you having any itching at the site?
Any difficulty in passing urine?
Any swellings in the groin?
Any loss of weight?

Dry skin on the head of the penis can occur due to many reasons. Usually excessive masturbation can cause inflammation; balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) which can be associated with autoimmune disorders which can also cause back pain is a possibility; some infections can also present as dryness; rarely penile tumor is a differential diagnosis which can be considered.

Usually the dry area will respond to antibiotics and steroids in some cases. You may try a steroid and antiobiotic containing cream. I encourage you to consult a competent dermatologist to rule out sexually transmitted disease such as Syphilis or Herpes.

Eat healthy. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Avoid exposure of that site to sunlight.

It is best to see a Dermatological as soon as possible to rule out above mentioned conditions by a thorough clinical evaluation and necessary tests.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.