Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they side effects of Avodart?

I took avodart for 3 years. propeica before that for hair loss for 3 years. I quit 8 months ago. I am having persistent side effects. I dont know what to do. I have had blood tests, except DHT. Everything is in "range". I am 25 male. I think I should test DHT? It is clear that someting is seriously wrong. How long until I get back to normal.

My side effects are: dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed, etc etc. Although I think side effects are starting to go away it is very slight. Please help what do I do. When I get back tonormal?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 6 hours later
The side effects of Avodart / Propecia are fairly well known, I would suggest that you would probably be better off without taking these medicines. Erectile dysfunction usually improves within 2-3 months.
Testing for dihydrotestosterone(DHT) is not required.
You can probably try Minoxidil for topical application to the scalp for your receding hairline but you will need to consult a physician before using it as some patients complain of fairly severe headache on using it especially in the initial few days.
I would suggest that you stop focusing on this issue and instead try and see the brighter side of you. I am sure it will overshadow all your concerns regarding a receding hair line.