Dry skin, itchiness in armpit, elbow joint, inflammation, wants to buy trimovate cream. Can be bought without prescription ?

where cani buy trimovate cream without a prescription
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Dry skin, itchiness in armpit, elbow joint, inflammation, wants to buy trimovate cream. Can be bought without prescription ? 5 minutes later
my daughters skin is dry and itchy under one armpit and in the elbow joint , it is enflamed
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

Trimovate cream is a combination of steroid and anti fungal ointment. You can get 1% Hydrocortisone cream and cotrimazole ointment over the counter at all the pharmacies. You can use these ointments alternately every 4 hourly.

Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances.

You can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing your skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Avoid applying cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on the rash.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions.
* Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.

The patches generally take 5-7 days to disappear.

If the patches become more of purple rather than red and do not show improvement then you must consult a dermatologist.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.