Dry shaved on scrotum, rashes, skin burning, small wound. Applied four derm, surfaz sm, had saftum. Advice?

Dry shaved on scrotum. After 4-5 days red rashes, tendered skin burning,pain & some time due to friction small wound started. Applied Four derm, Surfaz SM, Cipladin, & had Saftum 500 mg for 3 days. Acute Burning & pain on friction or touch not reduced. Any fast & effective treatment. Can not take leave & need to walk.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting query.

It seems that, due to dry shaving, some minute injury to scrotal skin giving rise to skin infection leading to burning and tender skin.

You have done right the course of antibiotic for healing skin infection. Continue this Ceftum 500 mg two days more. Take anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or diclofenac tablet for burning and cut down infection. Apply triple action cream containing antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti allergic cream.
Apply this cream after cleaning with antiseptic lotion like Betadine.
Keep local part healthy, dry and airy.

As you had history of fungal infection during sweating season, take anti-fungal medicine after consulting with your family doctor. Apply anti-fungal talc locally.

I hope, I answered your query.

If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to answer.
Ok and take care.

Dr. Ramesh Vachharajani
Follow-up: Dry shaved on scrotum, rashes, skin burning, small wound. Applied four derm, surfaz sm, had saftum. Advice? 19 hours later
Respected Doctor XXXXXXX

As advised, I am continuing with the treatment. But I would like to mention my concerns which are as under:
Instead of relief the problem of burning pain especially on slightest of touch is rather becoming more acute
As the scrotum due to change in temperature contracts or expands, the healing is becoming difficult. Wounds appear to open up again & position comes back to square one.
Last night at around 2AM I felt very acute continuous burning pain, may be due to dryness of wounds by Fan,s Air & then contraction of scrotum. I have to take a pain killer. Earlier also this happened in early morning hour.

Can it be herpes? My body temperature is normal.

I am providing the above feedback to advise whether I should continue with present treatment or any other additional treatment/precaution is required especially to get rid of that infection & consequent acute burning pain & how much time it is going to take? Today is 4th day of medication.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later
Thanks for posting query again.

As I told you after healing of wound with antibiotic your problem of burning will be all right.
Mean while with anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac you will feel relief from burning.
Contraction and relaxation of scrotal muscles are common with the season.
During hot season it becomes loose.

To prevent dryness of lesion use of triple antibiotic cream will work.
Give support to scrotum with under wear during day time.
If there is not much relief then change the antibiotic after consulting your treating doctor.
Seeing the nature of lesion and history, it is less likely to be Herpes.
It is better to go for a dressing by a doctor.
If infection is controlled, I think within a week time you will be alright.
Rule out Diabetes as in diabetes it takes long time to heal.

I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction.
If you do not have further clarification or query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
OK and wish you good health.