Dry scaly spots on skin, different shades of brown, look like dried up pimples. Treatment ?

i have these dry scaly type spots on my skin i thought was ringworm but looks nothing like ringworm they are different colours of brown and are all over my skin their not perfectly round but they look like dried up pimples please help
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understand your health concern.
But I would like to know few things more here. :
1) How long you have been having this.
2) What is the exact site of these lesions.
3) Does it itch.
4) Did you have fever or sore throat associated with this.
5) Any history of taking medicines just before appearance of these lesion (just to rule out a drug reaction).

I would also like to have a clinical look at the lesion which would help me further answering your question.So if you can up load a picture of the lesion and its distribution over the skin I would appreciate.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.
Please do confirm the sending of the photos by writing here, so that I can reply you back at the earliest.

With the history you have provided it seems to be PITYRIASIS ROSEA .Its a viral condition which can itch at times and has a very specific distribution on body .It appears as scaly small lesions especially over back ,with a mother patch over neck.
This would respond very well to topical steroid.

Perhaps a visit to dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis.

But if you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda