Dry red spot on left calf which is intermittently itchy. Should I be concerned?

I've had a small (about 1/4 inch) round, dry red spot on my left calf for about 5 months now. It is intermittently itchy, and fades or becomes more intense but doesn't go away. What could it be and should i be concerned?
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 days later
Brief Answer:
you might be having eczema

Detailed Answer:
From the description provided, it is probably a lesion of discoid/nummular eczema.
To treat the same, keep the area well hydrated by using a good emollient cream. Also use a steroid cream like mometasone twice in a day over affected area for treating the eczematous rash. If too itchy take oral antihistamine like cetirizine for few days. Once the lesion heals completely, stop mometasone use and just continue with an emollient cream/ moisturiser
Hope this helped.