Dry penis skin, painful, negative STD test. What should I use for dry skin on penis?

I wen to the urologist because I was having some discomfort on my pennis he told me I had balanitis. The second time I went to see this doctor he said I was fine , but I just notice that my pennis skin is dry and it hearts some times even went to the hospital for an STD test and it was negative what should I use for my my dry skin on my pennis
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
The dryness in the skin of penis is common after an infection.
You need to avoid using harsh soaps. You can use moisturizing lotion instead. Using a 1% hydrocortisone cream locally will help in reducing the itching and dryness. This is available over the counter at all the pharmacies.
Using aloe vera gel also helps a lot in such cases.
Taking Vitamin E supplements orally are also recommended.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Dry penis skin, painful, negative STD test. What should I use for dry skin on penis? 2 hours later
For how many days di I have to use the hydrocortisone ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can use the hydrocortisone gel as long as the symptoms persist. It does not produce any systemic effects. Usually such dryness resolves in 7-10 days.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.