Dry mouth after hysterectomy surgery. What should I do?

I would like my question answered by Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX as he is familiar with my medical history, symptomology and medications.
My Dear Dr. XXXXXXX I see my primary physician on tues. Oct. 15th. I will be discussing my surgery and yearly blood test results with him. I also have a very dry mouth that began after the hysterectomy surgery in XXXXXXX I have done some reading, and drink a lot of water, use biotene products that don't really work or for any length of time. Hydrogen peroxide helps dry the steady flow of white thick saliva, which is my main complaint that most times has a nasty taste and slightly burns, especially my tongue. I am eating well: fruits, vegies and chicken. I am taking a multi-vitamin everyday. No white patches or white tongue in my mouth, no bleeding. What do you think?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use lozenges instead

Detailed Answer:
Good to hear from you again.
Dry mouth can happen after hysterectomy as there occurs a hormonal imbalance.
Dont worry slowly your body will adapt.
In my view hydrogen peroxide is not a good idea.
It may cause burn.
Better is to use some mucolytic lozenges.
Lozenges also help in producing more saliva and hence keep your mouth moist.
Its good that you are eating well.
Vitamin supplement is also required for you so keep taking them.
Let me know if you have any other problem.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you