Dry itchy skin blister under the breast. History of Eczema

I have a dry skin blob under my left boob,not near boob,where the underwire bra falls!!!

Im 38,suffer excema in the past,recently have itchy boobs under the boobs!!!

Should i be concerned as its dark brown,dry little itchy??????
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It can be intertrigo. An intertrigo is an inflammation (rash) of the body folds.It most commonly occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore. 

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps.For the itching pls take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.

If you have large breast change your bra everyday and everytime you sweat. There are a lot of factors that can be causing this like the detergent you use to wash your undergarments (try woolite or baby clothes detergent), it could be the material your bras are made out of. You should ALWAYS sleep with no bra to let your skin breath. Also, try the same mosturising creams you use on your face on your breast before you go to sleep.
In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed.please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.