Dry itch of vagina, have only one partner. Could it be cancer?

Hello Dr,
I am a 45 year old lady and I have a dry itch on the left side if my vagina. I just look at it and it appears to b on just about the corner on top. I have had no sex with anyone except my husband in the last 12 years, I'm just wondering if by chance he has stage 4 cancer and we sometimes have oral, maybe 4 times this year, has this jumped into my vagina. It itch, I'm sick over this, please help me.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later

Vaginal itch is a common symptom in females and rarely would it be attributed to a cancer. More so, cancer has not been known to be transferred from one person to the other by contact. Even if it were possible, that will require that the cance be present in his mouth while he does the oral or that the cancer be present on his penis or semen for the non oral.

Common causes of vaginal/vulval itch in females include;
-yeast infection which is not thought to be sexually transmissible
-Trichomoniasis which is sexually transmissible but less likely to be the cause of your itch
-Dryness in elderly women in the pre-menopausal period

You should consider visiting a doctor for a detail examination and for tests such as vaginal smear for microscopy, pH, KOH testings etc.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards