Dry eyes and mouth, prominent palmar crease, little sweat, bloating, face weight loss, high glucose. Symptoms not related to HIV?

I had an exposure that warranted HIV testing, and I have tested negative at 6 weeks, 13 weeks and 6 months for HIV 1/2. Currently I have dry eyes, dry mouth and prominent palmar creases, sweat very little particularly on my face. I also experience abdominal bloating. I have noticed weight loss from my face.

My last lab result indicated a high glucose level, and low Lipids. TC 115 (125-200), HDL-C 51 (OR=46 mg/dL), TG 101 (<150 mg/dL), LDL-C 44 (<130 mg/dL), Glucose 109 H (65-99).

My doctor say based on my recent papsmear I may need colposcopy.

Can I be confident based on my lab results that all of this symptoms are not related to HIV?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 9 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Your lab results and physical symptoms sound pretty ok to me.

I do not know what your pap smear was like and why you have been suggested to take colonoscopy.

I am pretty sure that your lab results and symptoms do not correlate to HIV.

Moreover, negative test at 6 months is pretty confirmatory.

I dont see any reason for you to be worried on that front.

You may tell me your Pap smear report so that I may help you with that too, if you wish.

SO far HIV is concerned I would say that you are on safe grounds.

I hope I have answered your question.

I shall be available for any further questions you have.