Dry eye syndrome, used Visine eye whitening drops, prominent veins, yellow discoloration. Are the veins permanent?

Hi, im a 19year old female. I was recently diagnosised with dry eye syndrome. I know that was a side effect of a medication that I was taking. Its been a month since Ive discontinued the medication, and have also stoped using visine eye whitening drops. Although my eyes arnt 'blood shot' anymore due to the rebound redness of the eyedrops, however, the veins in my eyes still very prominent. I have also noticed a slight yellow discolouration too. My question is, are the veins perminent? and the yellow in my eyes too? Thank you for your time!
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
I would differ slightly wiith your approach of using Visine in your case.The treatment of choice in your case would be lubricant drops.I am sure those drops have already been used by you and these are the drops which you should use.
It will be another few weeks that effects on your eye will subside and will start returnig back to normal.
The yellow discoloration tends to occur without dry eye also and we have to keep an eye on its progress.
Visine is a temporory vasoconstrictor of the blood vassels and does not have any permanent benifet.
Some more time and you will be fine.
In case of any problem please do get back to me.