Dry cough, shortness of breath, sore back and chest. Sore rashes on the body

Orthopaedic Surgeon
dry cough (about 2 weeks and shortness of breath), sore back and chest. Rash on right hand side under chest and also rash on back, rash sore to touch,( rash there for 2 days)
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
From your symptoms it seems that you have a viral infection affecting your lungs causing inflammation of lungs and pleura. If it is associated with pain in swallowing then bacterial infection or tonsillitis is suspected which needs an antibiotic treatment to subside. Rash on the chest is often associated with such minor viral infections. You can apply 1% hydrocortisone ointment on it for symptomatic relief.

You can do a steam inhalation with few drops of eucalyptus oil and keep yourself well hydrated. In addition dietary and lifestyle changes such beverages, soups, avoiding oily food, light diet, adequate rest can benefit you.
Avoid dust, pollen, pets and smoke exposure as much as feasible.

Lastly antibiotics like Azithromycin can sometimes be needed to prevent pyogenic infection. Your physician can prescribe you this drug. So consider consulting them if the symptoms persist despite being on the aforementioned measures.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.