Dry cough, running nose, chronic conditions, safe to give Levolin syrup ?

my daughter is 1 year old. She is having dry cough and running nose for the last 1 month. Doctor advised to give Levolin syrup. Is this safe. Please advice
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Welcome to health care magic family, your daughter is having dry cough for last month and running nose. As your doctor has prescribe syrup Levolin,which is bronchodilator, dilates the bronchi oles of respiratory tract leading to easy and comfortable respiration.

It is safe and can be given for long time under doctor's supervision. Some time this syrup may produce slight rise of pulse, but there is nothing to worry. Avoid over dose as it may cause restlessness to child.

I think this will satisfy your query. If you have any doubt, please feel free to ask again.