Dry cough in pregnancy. Medication and kanthil, vicks, honey are safe to take?

My wife is pregnant.... she is in her 9th week of pregnancy. She is having dry cough since today morning. Please advise some medicine.... Also please let me know if XXXXXXX Kanthil, vicks, honey are safe to take?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Below I have mentioned some home remedies which are safe in pregnancy, do avoid taking any prescription medications which may compromise the safety.

1 ) Take a fresh betel leaf (paan), put in 5 XXXXXXX leaves (holy basil), a small piece of ginger (sliced), 1-2 cloves. Roll up the betel leaf and chew on it and let the juices flow in.

2 )Mix 3 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 cup honey, and 1/4 cup warm water and take two teaspoons daily.

3) Peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.

4)Add a gram of turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey and consume.

Yes, you can use Vicks , honey and XXXXXXX Kanthil.They are safe.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.