Dry cough, gets frequent cold. Need Suggestion to boost immune system.

Ayurveda Specialist
Dear Doctor,

This is regarding my daughter Aadya who is currently having cough(Dry cough) .

also she is getting cold(cough)very often. Request you a suggestion to boost her immune system.

Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 7 hours later

Your daughter would need solution for current problem first and then we have to manage immunity built up session for permanent solution of recurrent problem of cold, fever, etc.

For the current problem, I would suggest you to start the following medication of ayurveda. It is safe and has no side effects.
1.     Vasa Syrup (sandu) 5 ml thrice a day
2. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ras 1 tablet twice a day with honey
3. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras (Naradiya) ½ tablet twice a day with honey
4.     Sitopaladi churna ½ gram twice a day with honey

In addition, give her boiled water and avoid milk, curd and fruits. Also give her Tulsi swaras (for 10 leaves of Tulsi) with 3 Nos. Black peppar with honey twice a day.
Fresh and cooked diet should be advisable. Avoid cold atmosphere and always keep her wrapped with woolen clothes if it is cold weather at your location.

After 2 weeks of this course, you may start XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras 1 tab with honey for one month.

Meanwhile to make her immunity powerful, you may start Royal Suvarnaprashan for six months. Just note that while on this course if needed you can give current medication too.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if I have missed out on any concern. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Wish you and your daughter good health.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant