Dry and scaly skin. Using atogla cream. Use liquid paraffin skin? Other remedy?

My one year old son XXXXXXX has very dry and scaly skin. Could you please recommend a remedy for this. We are using atogla cream for him now but that gives only short term result. Just after 1 hour of applying the cream, his skin will be dry again. Can I use liquid paraffin on his skin?

Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 39 minutes later

Dry skin is a tendency rather than a disease and tends to persist.
Liquid Paraffin or glycerine mixed with water (1:1) is the best as they act both as an emollient and humectants. They are best applied on a semi-wet skin. 2-3 applications every day may be needed.

Atogla lotion is more suited for summers.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask any further questions.