Drug test shows presence of morphine. Taking Lortab and Trazadone. Earlier taken Dexedrine

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
On a recent drug test,I was told morphine was in my system.I hadnt told them I used XXXXXXX seed tea for I.B.S.Ialso left out that a week ago I was takeing my rx dexedrine,but none since.I disclosed to them I took rx lortab,and trazadone
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Lortab and dexedrine does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests so they will know that the source of positive morphine isnt from these drugs. There is no point of not telling the true because there are very specific tests which can confirm everything you say.
You can explain that you used it for medical purposes.
Wish you good health.Regards