Drug test showed methadone. On the suboxen treatment. Any relation?

yes please i need some help with a durg test that is showing methadone in it and have never taken it , all i take is escitalopram,zolpiden,suboxen and ibuprofen i also take a overthe counter sleep aid. Since i am on the suboxen treatment the Dr said if it showed up again that he will nolonger see me please i need your help with this thank you in advance
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 44 minutes later
Suboxane has buprenorphine and nalaxone and it generally doesnt cross react with methadone during drug assessments. However afterall its a machine and things may go wrong. I think you should discuss the possibility of false negative in your tests a showing all the drugs you are on and your doctor wilk not mind helping you.
Other way is normally its the urine which is tested, you can offer other samples like hair as well for the tests. That may improve your chances of coming clean.
Most certainly you will come negative for the next drug tests if you are clean from your side. So dont panic at this stage.
Over the counter sleep med is something you can consider that may distinctly interact with methadone.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Drug test showed methadone. On the suboxen treatment. Any relation? 20 minutes later
I did talk with my Dr about taking a hair or blood test his responce was that they did only that one test. i have been taking the same meds for years and the past 3 months it has showed up i have a good repore with the Dr and thats why he has continue to see me but next time he will stop so this is my last chance to find out why it is showing up. is there any possable way that the other meds that i am taking could give a false reading
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 hours later
I am sorry but unfortunately none of the drugs that you have stated has a tendency to cross react with methadone.
The sleep medicine that you take prn is the only drug that is still possible to crossreact.
I am sorry as I was not of much help. But I seriously cannot help it as there is possible for cross reaction.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy