Drug interactions between Remeron, Clonazapam and Loestrin? Taking Synthroid for Hashimoto's disease

Psychiatrist
Question
i am currently taking remeron ( mirtazapine) and clonazapam. I am starting my pill as I was just giving a prescription for it; Loestrin 24. Are there any drug interactions? Also, I am taking 75 mcg of synthroid for hashimotos.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Important aspects of your query are:
• 25 years old male.
• Concern related to drug interaction.

Mirtazapine and clonazapam are used for anxiety and depressive illness. Loestrin 24 is one of the most widely used anti pregnancy Oral contraceptive. Loestrin 24 is composed by Ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone. Synthroid is a thyroid hormone preparation.

You can take these medicines together as there is no documented significant interaction. But monitor your weight as these drug may increase your appetite.

I hope this information will be both informative and helpful for you.