Drug interaction of alcohol and depression medication

I have taken 15mg diazipam and a litre of vodka, am i going to die?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

My first question to you is to ask why you would do such a thing as to combine a XXXXXXX medication and alcohol mixture. This is certainly something which could cause you a significant degree of difficulty. I think you need to be seen immediately by medical practitioner for a full evaluation. Again if I want to make this clear that you need to go to the emergency department immediately.

Diazepam is a medication which causes a significant degree of depression of central nervous system activity. Alcohol has a similar effect on the central nervous system. Combining these two drugs can certainly create a situation in which you might be in some kind of trouble. Again it is imperative that you seek the expertise of a physician.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope my answer was clear. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga