Dropped semen near vaginal opening, 28 days since last period. Pregnant?

Question
doctor i really need help..... i and my gf are 18 year of age...... and she is a virgin.....we got intimate yesterday........and during that i ejaculated on her stomach... and few drop near her navel..... so she got up to wipe it..... while she was doing it....... a few drops of semen.... came close to the place where ....... the vaginal opening starts ...... but she quickly wiped it....it didnt come over her vaginal opening..... so could this lead to pregnancy..... moreover i have read in internet that......after a girl's period end..... she cant get pregnant... till 14 day that is even the ovulation... starts again..... so she ende her periods on 1 XXXXXXX ... an d yeaterday was 6 XXXXXXX ......... and she has a 28 day gap between the periods...... so please tell me everything in detail.... please doctor
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.

First thing is that you ejaculated on her stomach. For a successful pregnancy to occur penis has to penetrate inside and the sperms should be deposited inside. Just a momentary contact of semen with the external genitalia does not lead to pregnancy.

Second thing to be considered is the day- it was most likely 9th or 10th day of her cycle as the day is counted from the beginning of the periods and not from the last day.

The chances of conception increases as it nears Day 12 to 16 only after a a proper intercourse which has to be vaginal penetrative in nature.

In your case the chances of conception and retain pregnancy are minimal.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: Dropped semen near vaginal opening, 28 days since last period. Pregnant? 23 hours later
thank you....doctor.... i just wanted to ask..... that is their any way by which we can be sure....... like some blood test or any other way....... moreover are you sure external contact of semen .... to the vaginal opening doesnt lead to pregnancy.......... please suggest us what to do.......... we are really tensed.......... please help doctor....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The only way to be very sure of not having pregnancy is to check the urine for pregnancy after the periods are overdue for 4-5 days.

External contact of only semen that too for only a moment which was washed immediately is least likely to result in pregnancy.

In rare cases, the initial secretions of penis may also cause pregnancy if they are deposited outside the vagina. So, please get a Urine pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.