Dropped micardis and norvasc. Minipress dosage was increased. Would this compensate?

XXXXX again may I ask if micardis and norvasc were dropped andminipress dosaged was increased would this compensate? as following the stroke I have had a high blood pressure hence the reason for so many drugs. now blood pressure averages 148/80 but I must elliminate this horrible itch--await your reply
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The itching that you are having can be due to micardis or Norvasc but it is not wise to stop these two medicines altogether as it can cause you a rebound hypertension.
In case of hypertension, the dosage of the medicines is regulated according to the clinical response. You need to consult your physician for better alternatives. The three medicines are controlling your blood pressure in a better way and this might be difficult to achieve using a single medicine(minipress).
Till the time you consult your physician for alteration of the combination, you can apply lactocalamine lotion on the itchy areas for relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.