Drooping eyelid surgery, insect in the fold of the eyelid, appeared to have numerous legs. What does this indicate?

I recently had drooping eylid surgery. While caring for the eylid I noticed something in the fold of the eyelid. It appeared to have numerous legs which I thought were stictches since I did not have a good view because of swelling. As the swelling went doun I was able to pull it out. it appeared to have numerous legs on either side of course it was not moving. I saved it and showed to my doctor, he said he did not know what it was.

Im not saying it was some kind of bug but how did it get into the folds of my eyelid? If it was a leftover from the surgery why did my doctor regognize it.

Just cutious what it could be. Searched the internet for s simular view, could noy find anything like it but whatg was this thing in the fold of my eyelid?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 11 hours later

There are two possibilities in your case,

1) A foreign body like a bug or a particle
2) Part of stitch

If it was a part of stitch the doctor is supposed to know and recognize it. That leaves us with the only option of a foreign body which the doctor did not recognize. Foreign bodies may be lodged by air as it has been some time since the bandage has been opened.

I will be able to suggest you better, if you can send me a picture of the lesion. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.