Drinking lots of water, unable to excrete it, headaches, backache. Taking water pills, no relief. Treatment?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i drink water everyday about 6-8 bottles a day, i barely ever get ride of the water though. I tried water pills and nothing... I feel huge, im having headaches, back ache... i asked the pharmist and they told me to go to the doctor. i feel rotten
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

With the brief history you have provided it appears there is some problem with the excretion of the water that you are consuming

Your symptoms of feeling huge, having headaches and bodyache along with the problem of not being able to pass urine, point to something wrong with your kidneys

Your Pharmacist is right, you should consult your physicisn and go ahead with getting reports done to rule out kidney disease

A word Of Caution : Do not take water pills [I presume you mean diuretics] without getting yourself evaluated and without medical supervision

Hope I have cleared your doubts, If yes accept my response or in case you need any clarification revert back

Get Well Soon