Drinking ice water tickles throat, no swallowing issues. Something to be concerned about?

Why does drinking ice water sometimes tickle my throat? Is this something to be concerned about? I swallow food fine. I am a worry wart. I have no s wallowing issues. Just wonder why ice water can occasionally tickle my throat.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Ice water usually stimulates the nerve endings in the skin or mucous membranes and produce a sensation of chill and pain.

When there is erosion of mucous membrane in the throat in the form of ulcers or inflamed tonsils then the symptom you have could be expected.

Need not worry , it is not XXXXXXX and I do not suspect it to be due to wart or any serious growth.

Taking Multivitamin supplements will maintain the health of the mucous membrane and prevent such problems in future.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.