Drinking honey with water. Started getting eruption on face. Any lotions to reduce the scar?

I have normal skin and had no major acne problem, till recently.
The only change in my diet was intake of a spoon of honey in a glass of normal water every morning for almost 2 month.
Started getting too many eruptions in my face so have discontinued honey now, though since last 15 days there are no new eruption. The scars are still there. Any lotion that could help reduce the scars. My skin in not alltergic to any lotion.
Also am I right in guessing that honey is the cause for the same.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 43 minutes later
Acne in your age could be due to hormonal factors, oily or greasy cosmetics, facials etc.
As far as diet is concerned, refined carbohydrates, sugar, milk, dairy products, food with high glycemic index can induce acne as it increases insulin level in body which can induce acne. Honey as such is considered to be of low glycemic index but theoretically it being a carbohydrate or sugar can induce acne. Clinically I have not seen a case of honey induced acne!

Now to treat acne ,you may follow these suggestions
1) use a mild face wash like AHA glow or cetaphil oily skin cleanser.
2) use water based moisturiser like acne moist
3) apply clindamycin gel in morning and adapalene gel in night
4) avoid greasy cosmetics and facials
5) to reduce marks use Kojic acid based cream like Kojic over marks twice in a day.

Hopefully in couple of weeks your skin will be clear again.
Take care..