Ask a Urologist   »  

Dribbling after finishing urination, normal lower abdomen USG. Have controlled blood pressure. Advice?

Jan 2013

I am 43 years old. I have controlled blood pressure. Last few months I have some problem when I finished my urine. Sometimes there are dribblings for next 1 minute. sometimes I feel that one drop is coming out. I did lower and upper abdomen USG. Result is normal. What is your advice.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Do you have burning sensation during urination?
Do you have history of local injury at urinary site?
Do you have any rash at urinary site?
Do you have any weakness in both or unilateral lower limb?
Dribbling of urine may be due lack of control on stopping urine/ overflow incontinence/ urge incontinence/ prostate problems/ urinary tract infection.
As already mentioned by that you have normal USG, there is no chance of prostate pathology and distension of bladder.
You should consult with urologist and should go for urine flow rate measurement.
You should also go for urine examination for clarification of UTI.
You should go for blood sugar level, CT/ MRI scan lumbo-sacral spine, if needed.
Put your views also.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava