Dream state-like symptoms, headache, dizziness, fatigue, dehydrated, normal blood pressure and sugar.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i,ve had spells of dream state like symptoms since teenage years..the symptoms are wosenning along with frequent headaches,dizziness and fatigue..i,also get dihydrated a lot due to chrones disesase i was treated for in 2004..i feel like i,m always high and dont feel anything..when i was in the hospital they told me i had normal blood preasure an normal blood sugar..should i see a doctor.i dont have a primary physiciana and i,m now 46 years old.
thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Your symptoms are most likely related to stress and anxiety rather than an organic cause. The psychological symptoms that you are experiencing are mild in nature. Your symptoms appear to related to depersonalisation-derealisation syndrome. Excessive fatigue and dizziness can occur because of anxiety associated with these symptoms.

Following measures will help you in management:
• First do not worry as your problem is not permanent. In many cases suffering tends to reduce with time.
Psychiatrist consultation: He will help you through detailed assessment, counselling and supportive therapy.
• Drug treatment: May needed if anxiety and sleep problem are present.
Aerobic exercise 30 min a day.
• Structuring of routine life.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Dream state-like symptoms, headache, dizziness, fatigue, dehydrated, normal blood pressure and sugar. 37 hours later
i dont have any stress that i know of,i have a good job good income,ane alot of good friends i am afraid i have brain tumor and i,m afraid to go to a doctor to find out..is that possible?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Your symptoms are not likely to be due to something dreadful like a brain tumor.
Mild headache, dizziness and fatigue with a dream like state can be related to stress. The anxiety of fear of having a brain tumor is further aggravating the problem. You can get yourself investigated properly to allay your anxiety.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.

Follow-up: Dream state-like symptoms, headache, dizziness, fatigue, dehydrated, normal blood pressure and sugar. 42 minutes later
thank you doctot for your prompt responses.
This is my last question about this some friends have suggested i should take b-12 supplements. would that help me or aggravate my symptoms.
please keep in my mind i always feel like i,m high on drugs especially in the morning when i first wake up and i also have blurry vision and symptoms are constant. its like i dont know if i,m dead or alive or i,m just dreaming..
thank you. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Taking Vitamin B 12 supplementation helps in cases where neuropathies are suspected. In your case as the symptoms are not suggestive of any neuropathy so the supplementation will neither help nor aggravate your symptoms.

An evaluation by a physician will be helpful.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Regards.