Drank too much and feeling shaky. EKG showing high BP. Prescribed edarbi. Having anxiety and muscle twitching in breast. Advise?

Hi im 25 yrs old ... I went tonthe doctor after i drank too much and felt shaking and couldnt stay still he checked everything gave me blood pressure monitor and ekg and ruled i had high blood pressure .... So he prescribed edarbi 40 mg ... He told me to start a low sodium diet and excercise and i did i use to weigh 250 lbs now im 210 i feel great ... But a week ago a loved one passed away and i been nervous and i have anxiety i think sometimes i cant stay still and i think too much then when i get these muscle twitchings sometimes in my left breast then my right breast i tell my to relax but sometimes its just to hard .... How can i over come this ??
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax yourself.Continue Edarbi & life style modifi

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX
I can understand your concern.

1. I like to answer your main concern first.
Since your loved one passed away, being nervous and anxiety is common. The muscle twitchings are due to your anxiety. You need to relax yourself and that is the only treatment for this.
To relax avoid staying alone at home, spend time with your friends, go outing, involve yourself in sports and other physical activities, avoid watching or listening sad songs or movies, do yoga and pranayama. These will help you. Try to involve yourself in different activities and in mean time you will adjust to the situation.

2. Edarbi is an ARB and is used to treat hypertension along with low sodium diet and exercises. Continue these drug and life style modifications. You need to have only required calorie of nutritious diet and daily exercises for 30 minutes. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Check for your glucose and lipid levels once and if any variation you can discuss with us. Keep monitoring your BP.

Hope these measures will help you and clarified your queries. Feel free to ask or discuss if you have any related queries or problem. I will be always glad to help you out. Be relaxed.

Wish you good health and happy life.

Follow-up: Drank too much and feeling shaky. EKG showing high BP. Prescribed edarbi. Having anxiety and muscle twitching in breast. Advise? 13 minutes later
Okay i feel much better because i was scared would be something else and it scares me i drink alot of water and instay on my diet ... I dont drink or smoke .... If i do have a drink its only 1 and rarely i finish it ... But for the edarbi he said all my life which bothers me im not into meds only natural stuff but if i have to i will ... How do incheck glucose levels ?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax. You can stop edarbi if you maintain BP

Detailed Answer:
Good. Am happy that you are relaxed.

For edarbi, If your BP comes to normal with life style modifications (diet and exercises) along with the drug then you can reduce the dosage to 20 mg and can stop the drug if your BP maintains the normal range.
But for this you should reduce your weight (BMI should be less than 25), do regular exercises and diet and continue for life. These measures will help in maintaining your BP, sugar, lipid levels and avoids anxiety.

Blood glucose level can be get checked in any laboratory or you will get glucometer and you can check your blood glucose level with that at your home.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any query, I will be available for follow-ups. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
If you like my answer kindly rate it, and write a review as well.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Drank too much and feeling shaky. EKG showing high BP. Prescribed edarbi. Having anxiety and muscle twitching in breast. Advise? 29 minutes later
So what shud be my ideal weight im 210 now im 5"8 ... I want to be around 190 yea im going to talk to my doctor by the end of the month do another blood test and go from there thanks if anything else i will return for another question thanks
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your ideal weight is less than 165 pounds.

Detailed Answer:

You are obese now with the BMI of 32.95. You should reduce it to 25. So the ideal weight should be below 73kg or 165 pounds.

Your life style modifications will help you to reach this target. Be free to ask if you want any help related to health issues.

Take care and be relaxed..