Drank raw milk mixed with pregnant buffalo milk. Experiencing body and muscle pain. Viral infection?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2013
Jun 2013
Question
sir i am having a habit of drinking raw milk of buffalo every day. we purchase milk from milk boy who sold house to house. he mixed some milk with pregnant buffalo milk and gave it to me as usually. he did this dirty job as we fight each other in financial matters previously. he kept this in his mind and did this and he told me later.
now i am getting fear that any viral infection will be affected to my body. it happens a year ago. i am not consulted any doctor in this aspect as it is some little bit shame to explain. now i am suffering with bony pains and muscle pains. i am assuming all the symptoms will only due to that milk. give me good suggestion. will any blood test to be done if so what test to be done. please save me sir
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 4 hours later
Hi there ~

There is no need to worry about the mixing of pregnant buffalo milk with usual milk as long as you have been boiling the milk enough before consumption. There are no potential viral infections that are acquired due to consumption of pregnant buffalo milk. One of the infections that could happen if milk is not sufficiently boiled or in other words pasteurized it may carry illnesses and they are mostly bacterial. The one that you need to be worried about is called brucellosis. However you would need to XXXXXXX with a doctor to raise these concerns and get yourself tested. This is just to reassure yourself. However, I think that you probably do not have any infection yourself.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!

Follow-up: Drank raw milk mixed with pregnant buffalo milk. Experiencing body and muscle pain. Viral infection? 19 hours later
than u for ur reply sir

if i wish to know that whether i was infected by brucellosis disease, then which type of blood test or any tests to be needed and which type of doctor to be consulted ( like MD CARDIOLOGIST, MD CHEST etc.)

whether there is a medicine for this disease. please give me reply sir. how to find and how to diagnose this disease.

please give good suggestion sir.

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 1 minute later
Hi there ~

There are medications for brucellosis. It is not very likely that you have the disease however if you visit with an infectious disease specialist or an XXXXXXX medicine doctor, you should be able to get investigations requested for brucellosis. This is a simple blood test. I hope you reassure yourself by getting this test done.

I hope this helped. Take care and have a lovely day!

Follow-up: Drank raw milk mixed with pregnant buffalo milk. Experiencing body and muscle pain. Viral infection? 9 minutes later
sir please mention
1) name of the blood test
2) which type of doctor to consult

please give me reply sir.

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 3 minutes later
1. Name of blood test is : Serum Brucellosis titres and IgM antibody test for acute disease
2. I suggest that you visit with an XXXXXXX Medicine doctor (physician) or a specialist doctor in Infectious Diseases.