Drank much and feeling nauseous. Lower abdominal pain. Is this normal for a hangover?

I drank too much last night. Now I have been nauseous all day so bad I can't eat, I have forced down part of a piece of bread. I have drank about a liter of water and thrown up halfway through( I did drink it slowly.) now I am having bad lower abdominal pain. I had diarrhea earlier but now I am continually having the need to poop, but nothing comes out. I this normal for a hangover and is there anything else I need to do? I am 32 and have been hungover before but nothing like this.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drinking and ?food related stomach infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

I would like to know if you have had some foodstuff that was possibly stale or contaminated along with the alcohol.

Usually abdominal pain, severe vomiting and diarrhea might occur due to stomach infection from ingesting spoilt food. Your alcohol intake is making your situation more nauseous.

I would suggest you to drink juices and water in small sips, you may drink a glass of juice over half an hour. This is to prevent dehydration. If your vomiting and pains persist for longer than a few hours, please consult your doctor for clinical examination and treatment with antibiotics and medications to control the abdominal pain and vomiting.

Any further queries are welcome.
I hope this helps,
Dr. A Rao Kavoor