Down with flu. Chest feels heavy and tight. Showed bronchitis no pneumonia. Feel tired. Suggestions?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi there, i am a 32 year female who is normally very fit (in the middle of training for a half iron man) and at the begining of august i was struck dow by a 'FLU' I took a couple of days off training and resumed work in training have not been 100% since then 9 days ago I was struck down again with "flu" influenza A according to pathology tests I have been on an exercise ban and off work for 9 days now, my head cols symptoms are less but my chest is still heavy and tight cxr showed bronchitis no pneumonia I still feel extremely tired how long do you think its going to be safe before I exercise again and is there anything else that could be wrong with me?

pathology - influenza a : 128 (cft titre)
influenza b :64 (cft titre)

crp 46 (h)
negative test for whooping cough and mycoplasma iga/igm
ALT 35(H) no other problems on pathology

had two weeks of augmentin duo forte initially in august and one week of erythromycin this time round. now on avesco inhaler.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bronchodilator inhaler will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would advise that you should get your chest auscultated by your physician. You will be fit to resume your work when there are no sounds like rhonchi, crepts, wheezing, etc.

You can continue alvesco inhaler. It contains steroid Ciclesonide, which decreases the inflammation in the respiratory passage.
You can discuss with your physician for adding a bronchodilator inhaler, containing salbutamol, for faster recovery.

Even when you resume your activities, avoid exertional activities for about a week.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Down with flu. Chest feels heavy and tight. Showed bronchitis no pneumonia. Feel tired. Suggestions? 35 minutes later
thankyou dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response.