Double vision, burning in legs. On eptoin medicine. Had brain tumor operation. Dosage of Neurobin Forte?

Question :- I had a brain tumor operation last 3 yrs back after it , i was facing few side effects like double vision , burning in the foot ( legs).
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 21 hours later

Regarding the double vision and burning sensation in the feet after brain tumor surgery, there are multiple possibilities ranging from minor reasons to a major one. So I would like to know few more details from you regarding the type of tumor, its location, exposure to radiation or chemotherapy and the current scan reports. I will be in a better position to provide you the necessary details. Hence please send me the further details.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Follow-up: Double vision, burning in legs. On eptoin medicine. Had brain tumor operation. Dosage of Neurobin Forte? 48 hours later
Hi ,

As per your query the Location of brain tumor operation was back side of head or brain. Dr Anivekar has suggested me to change the Eptoin tab , i change the tablet Neurobin Forte. Currently i am taking this tablet , my question is how many tablets i have to take in a day & timeings ( monring or evering ).

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 7 hours later

Thanks for providing me the details.

Eptoin can sometimes cause peripheral neuropathy in the form of burning feet and paresthesias. It can also cause double vision as a common side effect. I thing Dr Anivekar is right in changing the Eptoin and starting you on a different medication.

You need to take two tablets of Neurobion forte (multivitamins) a day till the symptoms subside and then make it once a day.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Wish you good health.